Saturday, October 27, 2012

Seeing Is Unbelieving




Today something happened:




Grays. Lots of them. Out of Nowhere.


Then later something else happened:




trying to do this :



Rookie Mistake.



Long story short: I am getting old.


This got me thinking.  "Hey Megan, you are getting old...what the H are you doing with your life?"
I said, "I'm getting ready for Frankenstorm! Back up off me."

-----
But for serious. I have been so excited working on Young Riders this past month. It is re-inspiring me on a professional level. Fundraising is fun. I am pretty sure I have raised more money in the last 10 years than I have made in the last 28. And people never cease to amaze me with their generosity. People have been bidding away at the silent auction online : www.USEA2.net/auction - You could be one of those people.

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the next 'step' is going to be. I get so close to so many ideas, then I watch something like this: 



Cry for ten minutes and decide - if I can't be a professional event rider, and I don't have enough money to be a professional show jumper or dressage rider, and I am not really into barrel racing - that leaves only one option: professional vaulting.

Which brings me to my final sign I am getting old: I have lost my gray haired hatin' Mind.


1 comment:

  1. Can vaulting even be professional? Seems like a niche thing.

    I think barrel racing is way more lucrative.

    ReplyDelete